The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Show Production Teams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm 

Hi all,

Some of you may have heard already, but the committee have recently decided that (pending rights agreements) the Cecilian Society will perform Carmen - the Musical as our main show in 2009. The weekend show will be decided next week, and I'll inform you of what that'll be in due course.

To this end, we now need a team of dedicated and hard-working individuals to make these shows happen. On Thursday 3rd July in Committee Room 1, the committee will be interviewing candidates for the production teams of both shows, and anyone is eligible to stand.

The positions available for each show are Director, Musical Director, Choreographer, and Tech Director. Assistant positions will be allocated by the relevant people for each show; there will not be interviews for assistants. The interviews will take place starting from 7.30pm: if you would like, or cannot make, a particular time then please let me know this too.

If you wish to stand for one of the above positions, please let me know which position and which show by replying to this email, phoning/texting me on 07812983991 or 07791073352, or finding me in person at the pub on Thursdays. The deadline for standing is 24 hours before the start of the meeting, i.e. 7pm on Wednesday 2nd July.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Ben

Post subject: Re: Show Production Teams
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:22 pm 

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post to remind you all again that if you wish to be interviewed for a position on the production team of either the Weekend Show or Main Show this year, then you need to let me know by 7pm this coming Wednesday. For fuller details see my other post above.

To clarify some points, you must let me know exactly what position you wish to stand for (including which show). You are limited to standing for only one position per show. Anyone is eligible to stand, so if you know someone who wishes to but probably won't see this then please pass on the details to them.

And as promised in my previous email, I am pleased to tell you that this year (pending rights agreements) the Cecilian Society will perform Calamity Jane as our weekend show, almost definitely on Sunday 28th September 2008.

Again, I hope to hear from you soon!
Ben

Post subject: Re: Show Production Teams
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:41 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just some news and opportunities for you. I'm pleased to announce that following interviews on Thursday the committee have chosen production teams for both shows. They are as follows:

Calamity Jane will be directed by Rob McMillan, musically directed by Colin Dobie, choreographed by Emma Fraser, and tech directed by Lorna Moir.
Carmen - the Musical will be directed by Marion Baird, musically directed by Gregor Duthie, choreographed by Amy Fieldhouse, and co-tech directed by Hanna Kilpi and Nicola McHendry.

Furthermore, the directors of both shows have asked me to let you know that they are looking for assistants. If you would like to help Rob direct the weekend show then please get in touch with him on 07884180924. Similarly, if you would like to help Marion direct the main show then please get in touch with her (best to text) on 07943910376.

The deadline for both of these applications is Thursday 17th July at 6pm, and they will be dealt with directly by the relevant person.

And that's all for now folks; I'm sure I'll be in touch again soon!
Ben

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]