The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Exciting Symmetry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:26 pm 

Hi Society!

Hello Cecilians old and new! There's a small ton of information laid out below just for thine eyes, and much of it constitutes requests which are to be read by many. So read on, Macduff!

1. Ticket Manager
2. Scott's Selkirk
3. Membership Fees
4. Halloween Party
5. Posters and Programmes

Post subject: Re: Exciting Symmetry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm 

1. TICKET MANAGER
The Committee are currently actively seeking someone (or maybe some-two?) to act as Ticket Manager for The Wedding Singer, which as we all know will be performed from Wednesday 24th - Saturday 27th February 2010. The job of the ticket manager is essentially to process ticket orders from all sides, keep accurate records of ticket sales and allocations, and motivate the cast to sell tickets. If you would be interested in taking on this position, please let us know by replying to this email before 5pm THIS THURSDAY 29th October.

It should be noted that the job of the ticket manager is a large one in terms of time, that some experience of how a Cecilian show is administrated is highly beneficial, that it would be highly advantageous to have the Ticket Manager also act as Front-of-House Manager during show week, and that the aim is to have ticket talks occur at as many rehearsals as possible after about mid-November.

2. SCOTT'S SELKIRK
For those who may be unaware of this hidden Utopia, Selkirk is a small town in the Scottish Borders, whence hails our very own Ass. Director Julie Craig. Every year the town holds a festival and usually invites us down to sing something at the festival concert. This year we have been kindly invited once again, and so will be forming a Christmas Choir for the performance on Saturday 5th December.

To this end, we need two things: first is a choir, so if you would like to be involved then keep your eyes and ears open for further news to follow very shortly! The second thing we need is a Musical Director for said choir. If you think that you would like to fill this role then please let us know by replying to this email before 5pm THIS THURSDAY 29th October, and if you wish any more information then, as always, don't hesitate to ask.

3. MEMBERSHIP FEES
Hopefully I can make this one as short as possible: If you know that you still have to pay your membership fee and have not yet spoken to Lucy about this, please make an effort to do so on Thursday or email her via membership@ceciliansociety.co.uk . If you are unsure whether you have paid, any Committee member will be able to find out for you. If you know that you have, then thank you very much! If you have any further questions regarding this, please speak to me or Lucy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:28 pm 

4. HALLOWEEN PARTY
THIS Saturday 31st October sees the next Society social event - given the date, you may be able to guess at what it is! Expect more Cecilians in suitably Cecilian costumes, and much drinking to be done. The party will kick off around 8pm at Ashleigh's flat - see the event on Facebook for the full details, or email me if you can't access it. Spook you there!

5. THE WEDDING SINGER
First of all, a quick reminder that the Committee will be discussing poster designs THIS THURSDAY, so if you have been working on one and want to submit it, please could you do so before 2pm on Thursday! All the info can be found by clicking here.

Secondly, if you know of anyone, individual or business, who may be interested in purchasing advertising space in the programme for the show, then please get in touch with Emma Stuart via publicity@ceciliansociety.co.uk who can send them more details including costs and other numbers.

And my customary recap goes something like this - tell me by THIS THURSDAY if you:
-would like to be Ticket Manager
-would like to MD the Christmas Choir
-would like to submit a poster design. In fact, actually submit it is what I really mean, but that ruins the symmetry.
Also, come to the Halloween Party on Saturday and pay Lucy if you haven't already!

Lovely. If you have any questions about anything at all, please just drop me an email. It's terribly exciting getting emails from you all. I hope to hear from some of you soon, and see you all on Thursday!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352