The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fun in the Sun
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:10 am 

Hi Society!

Me again, with a fun-filled email full of things that you can do over the summer - and some of them, quite soon! Do read on and find out what wonderful Ceciliany things you can be doing with yourselves over the coming months...

1. Calendar
2. Fundraising
3. Rehearsal Pianists

Post subject: Re: Fun in the Sun
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 am 

1. CALENDAR
What Cecilian event is on Sunday? Is there any way that you can find out, quickly and easily? It just so happens that there is! I am proud to reveal the Cecilian Calendar for this year, all nicely prepared and organised well in advance by the committee - even if some of the dates are still quite provisional. Feel free to take a gander - it's located at http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/calendar - and never be unsure about the date of that social event again!

OK, perhaps too much cheese - in all seriousness though, I should draw your attention to the first three items on the list, the above-named 'Fun in the Sun'.

a. Firstly, we are holding the annual Cecilian barbecue on Sunday 28th June at Lorna Moir's - that's THIS SUNDAY, people! For your fill of meat, sunshine and other suspect foods please get in contact with Yasmin via social@ceciliansociety.co.uk or by phoning 07973318716 so you can pay the requisite £5 for your food and barbecues. I am reliably informed that she will be at committee from 6pm on Thursday and at the pub afterwards, so this would be an ideal time to meet!

See http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/forum/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=327 for full details!

b. Just to pencil in your diaries, the dates of a provisional stores clearout and the likely dates of the freshers' stall are also on the calendar. If you wish to help out at either of these then please email Moira via stores@ceciliansociety.co.uk or Lucy via membership@ceciliansociety.co.uk respectively.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:17 am 

2. FUNDRAISING
As you will know, putting on shows takes several things, not least of which is money. To this end, we'd quite like you to get your thinking caps on about ways the Society could make some - anything is a valid suggestion: we've discussed cake stalls, bungee jumping, sponsored singalongs, the works. If you have an idea you'd like to suggest then just drop any member of the committee an email - the most relevant being Emma on fundraising@ceciliansociety.co.uk .

Also, and perhaps more importantly, we already know that raffles at our shows are A Good Thing - but to hold them we need prizes to raffle off! If you have anything you would like to donate, or if you work anywhere that may be willing to donate stuff if you ask them, then please get in touch with Emma on fundraising@ceciliansociety.co.uk ASAP!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 am 

3. PIANISTS
Try saying that when you're drunk; it sounds like something very different. Anyway, we're on the lookout for some. Pianists that is, not... never mind. We are, as it currently stands, a little short on very kind people to play the piano during our rehearsals this year. If you know of anyone who is sufficiently skilled and would perhaps like to help us out in this role, then please ask them to get in contact with me using the details below and I can pass the details on to either or both musical directors.

And that's it for now! Hope to see you all on Sunday!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm 

Heh. You said pianists.