The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Cecilian Society - AGM 2009
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:04 pm 

Hi Society!

The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of The Cecilian Society, University of Glasgow will be held on Thursday 7th May 2009 in Committee Room 1 of the Queen Margaret Union at 7:00pm. The AGM is open to all members of the Society to hear how we've done in our activities over the past year, and to elect the new committee for next year.

Nominations for committee positions are now open. Nominations should be in writing, must be proposed and seconded by Society members, and must be lodged with me before 7pm on Wednesday 6th May 2009. I have attached* a sample form which you can use for nomination if you wish, but any piece of writing with the correct information is perfectly acceptable, and in fact creative nomination 'papers' are very much encouraged!

You may have heard names of specific committee positions mentioned over the year, but the only four which are specifically elected are President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. If you're not standing for one of these four Executive positions, you simply stand for a place on the Committee. If you wish to stand for a Committee position, hand in your nomination as above, and create a short manifesto for people to peruse on the day. If you wish to stand for an Executive position, you may also make a speech before the election. Anyone is entitled to know what nominations have been made at any time, just by asking me.

This is also the time for any Constitutional Amendments that anyone wishes to propose, which must be handed to me in writing with the Proposer's and Seconder's signatures before the above deadline. To aid in this, I have also attached* the current version of the Constitution.

If you need to give me a nomination or have any questions at all then either reply to this email, text me on 07791073352, or find me or any committee member in the pub on Thursdays. This applies even more than usual if you're wondering whether or not to stand for a position: any Committee member should be an invaluable source of info on what they've done over the year, and can provide much more info than this short message.

If you can attend the AGM, please do, as we need to have a certain number of Society members present for the meeting to be valid. Plus it will be fun, and there will be drinking afterwards (and perhaps during as well)!

Hurray for the AGM!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk

Post subject: Re: The Cecilian Society - AGM 2009
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:11 pm 

* In the original email sent to (what was hopefully) all members, these files were attached to the email. If, for any reason, you can't access the email, then you can either email me on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk and just ask for whatever you need, or simply click on the following links:

Sample nomination form - feel free to use this or create your own
http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/downlo ... onForm.pdf

Current version of the Society Constitution, amended 15th May 2008
http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/downlo ... tution.pdf

Thanks,
Ben