The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: THE DINNER DANCE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:57 pm 

Hello all!

It's your friendly social convenor Brycey here!

Just want to remind you about the bestest and most awesome Cecilian event of the year THE DINNER DANCE which takes place when I hear you cry? I'll tell you...Friday 1st May

That's right buy yourself a ticket for just £35 pounds and guarentee your place for a dinner and a ceilidh in the GUU's Dining Room!!!

A few of you have already paid your money and got your place but I know more of you are yet to do so! Remember to extend the invitation to your boyfriends/girlfriends, special friends and the like!

Like the rest of you I'm on exam leave at the moment, however I am dong an arts degree so I maybe have a little bit more time than some of you...SO I tell you what - I'll be around campus or probably just generally about the west end so you can all meet up with me easily and for a small fee sign yourself up for the awesome event.

OR if you can't make it during the day I'll be at Curler's on thursday night so you can see me there and give me your fucking money!

Post subject: Re: THE DINNER DANCE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:04 pm 

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to make sure everyone knows about the Dinner Dance this Friday. £35 will get you a three-course meal and hopefully some wine to wash it down with, followed by the entertainments of a fantastic ceilidh band to dance the night away to. The event will be held in the GUU Dining Room, 7.30pm for 8pm, THIS FRIDAY 1st May, and is open to absolutely everyone.

If you would like to purchase a ticket for this wondeful event, please speak to Colin (social@ceciliansociety.co.uk) or any other member of the committee AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, as the deadline for payment is this Thursday 30th April!

Dance Only

If you want to join in the merriment but can't afford to/don't like three-course meals/will have broken your leg during dinner but will be fixed after, then feel free to come along to just the ceilidh part of the evening for a bargain £6!

Again, if you wish to do this you must please let a committee member know before Thursday. I can be contacted using the details below if you need to. Please note that payment is still required beforehand in this case.

Thanks and I hope to see you on Friday!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:22 pm 

Is there a menu? I would quite like to know if I have to spend the next 24 hours in morbid fear arising from possibility that I will be served mushrooms or melon...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 pm 

Oh man, I've been living in the hope that we will be served mushrooms. With garlic. Or in butter. Or even raw.......*drool*

Menu? Menu anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:02 pm 

[quote="Geordie Sarah"]I've been living in the hope that we will be served mushrooms [quote]

Freak.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm 

Raw? That's disgusting. I concur: freak.

I do also happen to be able to provide the menu, and un/fortunately depending on your tastes, it starts with...

Wild mushroom and tarragon soup
Glazed chicken breast with orange and redcurrant sauce, served with potato and vegetables
Mochaccino crèpe
Coffee etc.

Charlie, please don't hyperventilate! At least there's no melon...

I'm excited!
xxx