The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Cure for Post-Show Blues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 pm 

Hi society!

Well, wasn't that fun? Another show week by - and congratulations to all involved, I must say! The committee are also very happy to tentatively announce that due to all your hard work on ticket sales over the past few weeks, we may well have just broken even on this show - the final figures are still being tallied, so keep your fingers crossed!

However, I have been hearing cries on the forum of post-show blues, and threats that a certain someone may keep her Way T-shirt on for slightly longer than is hygienic. So I give to you now the ultimate cure for this situation: yet another show! Read on for full details and much more besides.

1. Revue
2. Social
3. Hoodies
4. Summary of Dates!

Post subject: Re: A Cure for Post-Show Blues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:32 pm 

1. Revue
Many of you will have seen by now the details of our upcoming revue, the production of which is being managed by the lovely Amy Glover. Please read and action the following message!

Below is the programme for the Revue which will take place on Saturday 21st March. If you would like to perform in the Revue, please come along to Committee Room 1 in the QM at 7pm this Thursday 5th February. I'm not going to post this again as it's already on the forum, under:

http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/forum/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=241

Go read!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 pm 

2. Social
The Cecilian Society has two components to its name: 'Cecilian' and 'Society'. Now that item 1 has dealt with the 'Cecilian' part, allow us to address this 'Society'. I'm very excited to tell you all about the social events that will be happening in the upcoming months!

BURNS SUPPER
Yum yum... all done... haggis finished.

THIRD TERM QUIZ
will unfortunately no longer be held in the third term, as it doesn't really exist. Instead, we will have the annual show-off-your-useless-knowledge competition on TUESDAY 17th February in our spiritual home of Curlers. All this is no longer subject to much change and is confirmed - join the Facebook group!

WEEKEND AWAY
The annual weekend away has a confirmed departure date of Friday 27th March, and we will return on Sunday 29th. Exactly where we will be returning from we're not too sure yet, as everywhere seems to be booked that weekend, but we shall find somewhere and as soon as we do I shall let you know the cost. It's usually in the region of about £40 (includes two nights' food and accommodation), so you can start saving now for the most organised fun you've ever had! If you haven't been on one before, do ask someone who has for some gossip; I'm sure they'll be able to convince you!

DINNER DANCE
And last but not least, the crowning event of the Cecilian social calendar is the annual Dinner Dance. This will be held on Friday 1st May in the GUU Dining Room, and the dress code is formal. The ticket price is provisionally £35 (including dinner and dancing, obviously!) and you can get them NOW by again speaking to Colin Bryce on social@ceciliansociety.co.uk .

The week following the Dinner Dance will see the Society's AGM, at which next year's committee are elected and take office. The date will be Thursday 7th May at 7pm, although this is subject to change and as such does not constitute official notice of the meeting. More details will come your way in due course including how to stand for a committee position, but please note this date as it is extremely important that we have enough members attend. Thankeeyou.

Last edited by Comrade Fluffy on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DD on FRIDAY 1st May, not Sat. Also now Quiz on TUESDAY 17th Feb.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 pm 

3. Hoodies
If you want a hoodie and didn't get one the first time round, speak to Esther on vice-president@ceciliansociety.co.uk as we're putting in another order! If you want to hear it from the lady herself:

http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/forum/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=244

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 pm 

4. Dates for Your Diary
By goodness this has been a long email. Apologies if I've bored you (although how that would be possible, I really don't know) and well done if you've got this far! Just in case you missed anything, I've placed a summary in chronological order below:

Tuesday 17th February - Pub Quiz
Saturday 21st March - Revue Performances!
Friday 27th March - Weekend Away
Friday 1st May - Dinner Dance. £35 to Colin Bryce!
Thursday 7th May - Annual General Meeting (prov.)

Thanks for listening, and see you tomorrow/tonight - 7pm in Committee Room 1, QMU! On we go, all alert, never heeding the storm...

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm 

Dr. Ewan D. W. Maclean has kindly drawn my attention to the fact that the date for the Dinner Dance was given above as Saturday 1st May 2009. This date does not in fact exist, and the correct date for the Dinner Dance is FRIDAY 1st May 2009.

Please update your diaries accordingly. In fact, just please update your diaries, as no-one else so far noticed this small but critical flaw. Tut tut.

Love!
Ben
xxx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 pm 

Another important update brought to my attention by Ms. A. R. Glover; the pub quiz this week will be held in Curlers on TUESDAY 17th February, NOT Wednesday 18th as previously mentioned. Join the Facebook group for more info:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124647125633

See you there!
x