The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Catchy Title
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 am 

And of course I again forgot to post this when I sent it... here it is now!

Hi society!

I feel I may start every email with that from now on; it's one of my favourite terrible puns. Anyway, some things to talk to you about!

1. Karaoke
2. Hoodies
3. Lost Property
4. EGM
5. Show Week Socials
6. Carmen and Voldemort

Post subject: Re: A Catchy Title
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 am 

1. Karaoke
The annual Cecilian vs. STaG Karaoke will be held TONIGHT from 8pm upstairs in Curlers, cost £3. Come along, sing til your lungs hurt and kick some STaG butt, in the words of the web editor. If you have a specific act prepared then it would be helpful if you could let Colin Bryce know on social@ceciliansociety.co.uk - otherwise, just turn up, drink and be merry, pass on the jollity of the season, and sing something random later. See you there!

P.S. It's kind of over now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 am 

2. Hoodies
At last, we are getting society hoodies! For only £20 you can have a lovely black hoodie with the society logo on the front and a name of your choice on the back! The deadline for orders AND PAYMENT is tonight at the karaoke, and the order will be put in tomorrow. NO ORDER WILL BE PLACED if the full £20 has not been paid! To order, speak to Esther or email on vice-president@ceciliansociety.co.uk , letting her know who you are, what name you would like on the hoodie, and what size you would like (S, M, L, XL, XXL).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 am 

3. Lost Property
We found a cardigan at the pub last Thursday. If it belongs to you then please email me on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk and tell me what odd item was attached to it! Please do, it's been lying around my floor for a week. You don't want it back now, do you? Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:45 am 

4. EGM
An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society was held on Thursday 4th December, the outcome being that the Society ratified our performance of Carmen - The Musical. Should you wish to see the full minutes of this meeting (which are not much longer than that!) please email me on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk .

5. Show Week Socials
As you may know, show week is generally the biggest week in the Society calendar. You may not know that each night plays host to its own social event, culminating of course with the aftershow on the Saturday night. We of course need venues for social events, so if anyone is willing to volunteer a flat for any of these events then please let any member of the committee know, or email me on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk . We will need up to four, so I'll add 'please!'

6. Carmen and Voldemort
This is both a warning and a plea. After the rehearsal on Sunday, I feel I must inform you that the Dark Lord has risen once again. If you do not do both of the following things over the Christmas break, he will hunt you down with his big ginger slipper:

a. Sell tickets! I believe we're on less than 100, and we need to get to 1200 before 25th January! By my calculations this is a little under 30 tickets for each of us, which doesn't sound too impossible at all. And if you don't know 30 people, you can always buy a charity ticket and know that you will be giving something to a good cause too. If you ever need to contact Lorna she can be reached by email on tickets@ceciliansociety.co.uk .

b. Sing to your cat. If you don't have a cat, sing in the shower. If you don't have showers, eeew. As the production team have said, we need to keep up the level that we're at just now. If we come back after Christmas having had too much mulled wine and forgotten the show entirely, that will be no use whatsoever. Notes for the chorus are on the forum - http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/forum/forum - so please read if you haven't already and do what we need to do.

The first full rehearsal back after Christmas will be as usual on Thursday 15th January 2009, and the observant among you will know that it will of course be entitled Escamillo and the Order of the Budgie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:46 am 

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and see you soon!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk