The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: General Merriment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:42 am 

Hi Society!

Well, long time no speak. How are we all? Having wonderful holidays I hope. Just a few things to keep you updated about, some of which are very important! See the following...

1. Pub!
2. Dinner Dance
3. Hoodies
4. Post-Mortem

Keep your eyes peeled for my next email too, which I will be sending very soon and is *extremely* important!

Post subject: Re: General Merriment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:42 am 

1. Pub!
Come to the pub! That's about it. Basically if you're in Glasgow and have nothing better to do on a Thursday night (and to be frank, the list of better things is really rather small) then come to Curlers for some general Cecilian merriment. They still like us even during the holibags, and at the pub tonight you should find myself and social convener Bryce with regards to important items 2. and 3. below...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:43 am 

2. Dinner Dance
As you should know by now, the Dinner Dance will be held on Friday 1st May in the GUU, and costs £35 for dinner and ceilidh dancing. If you can, please give your money to Colin Bryce as soon as possible, as we need to confim numbers with the GUU soon.

If you know you are going to be coming, but have to pay on a specific date (before 1st May, obviously!) then again, please let Colin know, so we can plan accordingly. You can find Colin in the pub, or contact him via social@ceciliansociety.co.uk .

And bring your friends! Anyone who is in any way vaguely connected with the Society is welcome at the Dinner Dance, including family, friends, significant others, potential members, the list goes on! See the beautiful original message from Colin here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=283

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:44 am 

3. Hoodies
If you ordered a hoodie in the last batch (and have paid for it!) then they should be available to pick up from me from tomorrow! I'll be around campus for most of the next few weeks, so if you want to meet me and pick yours up sometime, just reply to this email or text me on 07791073352. Or just get them at the post-mortem (see next!) or at the pub next week.

And if you're not coming to the pub, why not? (See item 1.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:45 am 

4. Post-Mortem
On Thursday 16th April at 8pm in Committee Room 1 we will be holding a post-mortem discussion on the revue, which anyone is welcome to attend and contribute to.

If you think anything could or should have been done better or differently, or if you think something was done particularly well, then this is your chance to say so. There will also be a short rundown of the revue's finances, and how we did on them. This kind of exercise is invaluable to next year's committee when planning their activities, as they can then look back and see which ideas were good and which were bad.

We will be holding a committee meeting before this, starting at 7pm, but feel free to come along to this too, at any time, especially if you're thinking about running for committee next year - more on that soon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:46 am 

So that's us once again. And as I've said it almost, but not quite enough times, I'll say it again: come to the pub! There you can pay for the Dinner Dance, pick up your hoodie (eventually) and have some more general merriment! As always, any questions, feel free to email or find me. See you tonight!

Over and out,

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk