The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New and Improved
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 am 

Hi Society!

Welcome to my new and improved mailing list! It's not really any different for you (it's a little bigger), but it's a lot easier for me! I'm quite pleased with myself really; it's as big a difference as between sticking some powder in your washing machine and having to haul out the washtub and mangle and take a trip to the river.

I have a few little odds and ends to point out to you, many of which could also result in things being new and improved. They fall quite nicely under the following headings:

1. Stores Clearout: Round Two!
2. Ronan Radin for SRC General Rep
3. Poster Design
4. Dates and Things

Post subject: Re: New and Improved
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:14 am 

1. STORES CLEAROUT

As some of you may know, the Society has some storage space in the basement of 62 Oakfield Avenue, across from the Uni Gym. As some more of you may know, after the Weekend Show get-out, they're a bit of a mess! Our lovely stores manager Moira has taken it upon herself to organise a little tidy-up during the day TODAY (that's Tuesday 20th October) from 1.30pm until who-knows-when. If anyone is at a loose end or just fancies lending a hand then Moira and the rest of the committee would love to see you there anytime during the day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:15 am 

2. VOTE RONAN RADIN
Ladies and gentlemen, a message from our very own Mr. Ronan Radin, known to some as Fat Sam Stacetto, who is running in the upcoming SRC elections and needs your support!

Vote Ronan Radin for SRC General Rep. 09/10.
Here is the link to my group...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 330&ref=mf

Wednesday 21st of October (THIS WEDNESDAY)... 9am-5pm any computer, anywhere, on http://www.glasgowstudent.net and put a number one beside Ronan Radin.

If anyone is interested in campaigning then I would love to have lots of friendly fun loving Cecilians on board... but could you please let me know asap as I need to get T-Shirts organised etc!

Thank you, my lovely friends,
Ronan Radin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:15 am 

3. POSTER DESIGN

The committee are still on the hunt for a poster design for The Wedding Singer! If you would like to try your hand at this, please give it a go! If you want to submit a design, please send it to me by replying to this email as soon as you can, as ideally we'd like to decide on a design before the month is out. More details, including the necessary text for inclusion, can be found at this link on the Forum. Go on, give it a go...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:16 am 

4. DATES AND THINGS

The date I wish to draw your attention to is of course this coming Thursday, which sees our next rehearsal. Remember to keep your Thursdays free so as not to miss out on all the Eighties joy! If, for some reason, you should find that you will not be able to make a rehearsal, then it is of the utmost importance that you give apologies. These should go to our membership manager Lucy on 07963166518, or on membership@ceciliansociety.co.uk . It should be stressed that a reason should be given along with your apologies, and unless it's something immediate like illness on the day, apologies should be given with as much notice as possible!

If you ever need to know when something is on, including the show (!), the place to head to is the Events Calendar, also linked from the front page. The astute observers among you will notice that our next social event, following on from a fabulous Occupations pub crawl, is the annual Cecilian Halloween Party, excitingly taking place on Halloween itself this year! Stay tuned for more news on this as it approaches, and get thinking about an exciting costume....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:17 am 

So, in a shorter version, you can lend a hand tidying the stores today if you feel like it, and if you feel like designing a poster then please do so! Get creating a costume for the Halloween Party, and VOTE for Ronan Radin on Wednesday in the SRC elections. And I'll see you all this Thursday!

Ciao for now,

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk | 07791073352