The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Welcome to The Cecilian Society!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 pm 

Hi Society!

To our new members, welcome! To our old-timers, welcome back! If you don't know me, I'm Ben, and I am the Secretary of The Cecilian Society, the University of Glasgow's musical theatre society, open to all.

You are receiving this email* because either you signed up to our mailing list on the Freshers' Stall last week, or you've been linked to us in some way, shape or form before. If you receive this email more than once, I apologise - I don't want to miss anyone out! If you wish to be removed from this list, then please email me and let me know.

There's a whole ton of info in this email, so let me break down what we have:

1. Weekend Show
2. Cakes and Tickets
3. AOQs

*Yes, I'm aware that it's not technically an email as I'm posting it on the forum. But if you're reading this, you either didn't receive my email or are just about as nosey as I am, and so in the interests of keeping things accurate, this paragraph stays!

On a side note, if you didn't receive my email and signed up on the stall, it's probably because I've read your handwriting wrong - just email me on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk and I'll correct it!

Post subject: Re: Welcome to The Cecilian Society!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 pm 

1. WEEKEND SHOW
The Cecilian Society put on two shows every academic year: the first is the legendary Weekend Show, this year being performed THIS SUNDAY 27th September in Qudos, QMU - and you can be a part of it!

For all of our shows, auditions are not compulsory - we have an open-chorus policy and only hold auditions for principal roles. For the Weekend Show, auditions are held in groups on the night of the first rehearsal, but if you only want to be in the chorus, all you need to do is come along and join in! Membership for the whole year is just £3 if you're a student new to the society.

Now the important part: the schedule! The first rehearsal is THIS Thursday 24th at 7pm in the QMU, where we will learn a song and dance and get to know everyone before holding auditions and/or going to the pub. We then continue on Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday before the show starts at 7.30pm!

This year the show is Bugsy Malone, and we need singers, dancers, actors, stage crew, or anyone else with a lot of enthusiasm to make it happen. If you fancy any part of this then please come along to the QMU on Thursday at 7pm for the start of an amazing weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm 

2. CAKES AND TICKETS
Alternatively, if you can't be in the show, you can form part of the other essential group that we need for this show: the audience! Tickets are only £5 and are available at the QMU from 7pm on Sunday 27th, or from our Cake and Ticket Stall outside the QMU on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

Also, if anyone would like to bake us some exciting things to sell on the stall then please feel free! Just bring them along on the day/s from 10am.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm 

3. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions feel free to email me on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk or our membership manager Lucy on membership@ceciliansociety.co.uk. A whole pile of other info can also be found on our website, http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk, including a full calendar of all our events, socials and shows throughout the year.

I think that's all for now folks, and I hope to see you on Thursday - remember, QMU, 7pm!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk