The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fresh Cake
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 pm 

And I totally forgot to put this up when I sent it. D'oh!

Hi Society!

Well, it's been a long while since I emailed again, hasn't it? Never fear, the era of sparse emailing is about to come to an end as we swoop back into term time with a bang! Freshers' Week is now less than two weeks away, and there's plenty to do - read on!

1. Freshers' Stall
2. Raffle and Cake
3. Weekend Show
4. Wanted

Post subject: Re: Fresh Cake
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 pm 

1. FRESHERS' STALL
The Society will have a stall at the annual Freshers' Fair from Tuesday 15th to Wednesday 16th September, from 10am to 4pm each day. Should you fancy coming along and convincing the freshers (and others) to join our ranks, please let Esther or Ben know by emailing or texting. You don't have to be there the full two days; if you wish to spare an hour or two then even that would be useful. Just drop us a line!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:25 pm 

2. RAFFLE AND CAKE
As you will hopefully know, we will be holding a raffle at the Weekend Show and need your help to find some prizes to raffle! If you have anything personally that you would like to gift as a raffle prize, or know of any businesses that might like to gift something, please let Emma know by emailing fundraising@ceciliansociety.co.uk .

What you may not know is that for two days, on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th September, the Society will be holding a combined cake and ticket sale outside the QM. For this, we need your help even more! This is, in effect, some advance warning that we'd really really love it if you fancied baking some cakes (or other baked goods) on one or both of those days and brought them along to be sold for the Society's funds. Who knows, your sponge may even convince someone to buy a ticket to the show!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 pm 

3. WEEKEND SHOW
That's right folks, it's fast approaching. There are only 25 days and counting until curtain up on the Weekend Show! Now is the ideal time to get selling to people that you think might come along. Spread the word; just let them know it's there! Tickets are £5 and can be bought on the door - although if people are really keen to get them in advance we have no objection! Just email me on the address below. To help you in your quest to spread the word, a Facebook event has been created which can be found by clicking here - invite all of your friends!

Now, after the show, everyone knows that we need a good aftershow party, the first part of which will be held in Qudos once again. Knowing the Cecilian spirit though, this party cannot end after the QM is shut! Should you be the immensely kind and eternally loved soul who wishes to have a bunch of jolly Cecilians back to your flat after the Weekend Show, please let Yasmin know by emailing social@ceciliansociety.co.uk and she may love you forever.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 pm 

4. WANTED
Should you know where to find any of the following things, please give me a holler!

--A charity who would like to receive the charity tickets for The Wedding Singer, and who cater for people of an appropriate age range to see it! The best types for this purpose are probably youth charities.

--A florist or a wedding shop who would consider giving us free flowers/wedding props for The Wedding Singer in exchange for adverts in the programme, free tickets, logos on posters, etc.

--A tech director for the Main Show, covering one, two or even three of the following responsibilities: Set & Props, Costume & Makeup, and Lighting & Sound

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:27 pm 

Phew! So, a recap: want to convince freshers to join? Email Esther/Ben. Want to donate raffle prizes? Email Emma. Want to bake cakes? Please do, yum! Want to do the Weekend Show? Sell some tickets and invite Yasmin to your flat. Want to help find some stuff? Email me!

And in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger (and then me), I'll be back (quite soon I hope). Tarra for noo!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk