The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Perusal material
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:37 pm 

Hi guys!
I was wondering if anybody has any perusal material( script/score etc) for Bugsy malone? Perhaps from when it was done before? if anybody does, can you give me a shout on 07595 363 006?
love love xxxxx

Post subject: Re: Perusal material
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:51 am 

In the same vein, we would be happy to accept material of any kind from anyone that they think might be useful in considering the shows on our shortlists. For reference, these are:

Weekend:
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Bugsy Malone
Footloose
The Wedding Singer

Main:
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Carousel
Hello, Dolly!
(Footloose)

If you have any perusal material you would like to offer, just contact any committee member (and as above, if you have any for Bugsy please contact Esther).

Similarly, should you wish to make your views on any of these shows known for the committee's consideration during show choice, then please email them to me at secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk . The general reception of the membership to a show is certainly a very important factor in making a show choice decision, so it would be nice to hear the views of as many people as possible.

Thanks,
Ben
xxx

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:39 pm 

Just a note, as a few people have been asking and I'm sure more would like to know as well, about the dates of final show choice meetings.

There are no confirmed dates for these as of yet, but essentially we are just waiting on all the perusal material that we have ordered/are procuring arriving. Once this happens, the immediately following committee meeting will most likely be used to make a decision on the show/s that have a complete set of perusal materials. Thus, it has the potential to happen as early as tomorrow, and as late as... well, as long as it takes to get material!

If you wish to be kept informed of these dates I will try my very best to do so, but please bear in mind that this may not be possible if perusal material arrives very close to the time of the meeting! And hence I would encourage you to email if you want to put any opinions across as outlined above.

Many thanks to those who have already emailed opinions; it is always useful to see what everyone has to say. See you in t'pub!

Ben
xxx

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 pm 

Hello everyone,

Following on from above, I can now confirm for everyone who wanted to know that ALL of the perusal material for all six shows above has arrived, and thus the committee will be making decisions on both the Weekend Show and the Main Show this coming Thursday 28th May.

If you wish to put forward any opinions etc. on any of the shows above for the committee's consideration please email me as per the message above (if you have not already done so) before the meeting on Thursday.

Thanks!
Ben
xxx

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]