The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hoodies and Dinner and Dancin'...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:41 pm 

...Oh my!

Now the sufficiently musical theatre intro is out of the way, I have a few things to tell everyone.

1. This should probably be in Announcements, but I post in there too often. And besides, there's not enough banter on here nowadays, even with the Black Muff of Dakota. Thus, this first item is a request for some banter!

2. People have hoodies to pay for/collect. They are in fact ready to pick up NOW, so if you don't want yours lying about the stores for the rest of time, do get in touch!

3. We need to know ASAP (as in by the start of next week) whether you are coming to the Dinner Dance, so we can give final numbers to the GUU.

So, to these ends, Merty, Colin and I are all at your service. I will be on campus for the vast majority of the day for at least the next few days, so if you have a hoodie to pay for/pick up then drop me an email on secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk or phone/text on 07791073352 and I'll get it to you. Provisionally, let's say that 2pm outside the main library will be standard hoodie time tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, so that I'm not running to the stores and back five times a day!

If you need to pay for the Dinner Dance (or tell us your situation) then in fact any member of the committee is there to help. Again, you can contact me via the above, or email Colin on social@ceciliansociety.co.uk and arrange to pay him. I believe Colin and Merty will be around campus for most of the next few days too, and will be more than happy to take Dinner Dance payment then...

So, if you don't want to miss a fine three course meal, and dances led by a fabulous ceildh band until your legs refuse to continue, get in touch now! Do note that this event is open to anyone at all; bring partners, friends, family, your auntie's cat, anyone at all!

Oh yes, the cat reminds me, if anyone has any special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian) we need to know these now as well. I don't think they do pet food though, sorry. And just as a reminder, the dress code is formal evening wear, and kilts are always encouraged.

Done! Hope to hear from you all soon,
Ben
xxx

Post subject: Re: Hoodies and Dinner and Dancin'...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:11 pm 

A bit I forgot to pinch from Yasmin's Facebook message: if you won't be back in time to give someone money in person, you can always post a cheque to us. If anyone wants to do this and needs the details, post here or email/phone/text me as above.

Also, if anyone has any committee nominations to give me, I'll happily take them and your money for the Dinner Dance and give you your hoodie all at the same time if you wish. The number of people that applies to must be limited though. Ah well, same applies, if you have a nomination to hand in just email/phone/text!

You can tell I'm working hard today, can't you?

xxx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:52 pm 

I'll be at the library on Tuesday at 2 to give you my dinner dance money, m'kay?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 am 

I will be on the Information Point near the entrance at 2pm Tuesday, if someone could pop in and collect my money?

Thanks x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:56 pm 

Done and done. Anyone else opting for Tuesday? It's a popular choice! I think I'll be here on Wednesday as well, so feel free to go for that if you don't get this in time.

See you then!
xxx