The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How To Sell Tickets For The Wedding Singer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:38 am 

This week’s challenge is to sell as many tickets as you can. I’m bringing back the good ol’ winning team will choose the forfeit for the losing team. Also, ALL those people who have bought ZERO tickets will be named and shamed. Can’t sell tickets and feel like being generous? BUY A CHARITY TICKET!
If you want to sell a few more, try one of the below options:

Post subject: Re: How To Sell Tickets For The Wedding Singer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 am 

On Facebook

Status updates are great, but constant updating can lead to people ignoring the message if you’re trolling and harassing them. Try some of the below alternatives to mix it up a bit:

Facebook has a handy lists function, where you can group your friends into specific lists. So, for example, if you want to send a message to just one group of friends, make a list first and then just add the name of the list to the message. This means that you can target it at certain friends and have a bit of banter.

Although we have an event for The Wedding Singer, it’s a good idea to create your own event for the show. If you title it with “Come and see Ben Galloway in The Wedding Singer” (sorry Ben, first name that came into my head) and invite your friends, they’ll know that you’re in it, and it’ll be a better representation of who is ACTUALLY going to come. If everyone on the main event that has put themselves down as attending had bought a ticket, then we would be flying ahead with ticket sales...but they haven’t. Make it personal, and they may come along! You can even use the lists that you made before to invite people to the event. All of the material can be found on FB already. Make it so YOU are the star of the show, will influence people to come along to see you.

Also, change little things like the box under your photo on your profile page to advertise the show. Links can be placed there, as can the phone number. Links in your info can temporarily be changed to the tickets address.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:40 am 

On Twitter

Personally, I think that everyone should have a twitter account. There are loads of us Cecilian Folk over there. Although it’s going against everything that I believe in, plague Twitter. Ask people to Retweet your TWS updates, put a hashtag of #TWSTM include the phone number, get some banter going with your Flist.

Twitter has a handy function where you can create lists as well. HOWEVER it has one up on FB as you can search for lists created by other people and follow those. Look for lists that are made up of users based in Glasgow, and tweet to them as well.

Send updates to Theatre groups and get them to retweet the message, especially if they are currently promoting their own show. Just RT what they’re doing and they should RT ours as well.

Anything that is placed on social media will generate an inbound link to the website. This is exceptionally handy now that Google is including Real Time results (that little scrolling box that has twitter feeds etc in there when you search for something popular enough).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 am 

Email

Change your signature to some blurb about The Wedding Singer, including the number and email address.

Also, if you're feeling creative, creat an e-card. There are many services online that let you do it for free. I believe http://www.regards.com is one of the top of my head

Mobile

Text your friends, make sure to include the ticket number and something witty.

• Take some time at lectures to invite people along, or at any other clubs and societies that you are in.

• Send invites to your grandparents/relatives. Make it something like a wedding invite, they’ll love that stuff. (this could also be done by email with an e card)

• Posters are going to be available from next week, poster your halls, notice boards around the uni etc.

• Fliers are going to be available as well. Post them through your neighbour’s doors. Send them in the post to old folks homes. DO ANYTHING TO SELL TICKETS. <ahem>

• Again, make yourself the star of the show. ESPECIALLY when it comes to old people. They love that shizzle.

• If you work part time/full time/whenever it pleases you, put a sign-up sheet in the staff room. Feel daring and work in a big enough office? Make up some names to start the list off.

• Organise a work night out to the show. Didn’t have a Christmas night out because of the recession? Tell everyone to chip in for a ticket, and organise drinks after.

So, that’s about me. If you can think of anything else that you think can sell the show, please add below with a comment. I’ve ran out of steam for now.

See you on Sunday with ticket requests!