The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: REVUE SCHEDULE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 pm 

Hi Society!

Apologies for the short notice here, but this is basically an outline of the schedule for the rest of the week (i.e. tonight, tomorrow and Saturday!)

For those of you this goes to that aren't in the revue, I apologise, but will also gladly take the opportunity to remind you that tickets are only £4 for students, £5 for normal people, and the show is THIS SATURDAY 21st March at 2.30pm and 7.30pm in the Debates Chamber of the Glasgow University Union. Tickets can be bought from anyone in the cast, or on the door. Please come along if you can; it'll be great!

OK, here goes:

THURSDAY
This is TONIGHT, people! We need you to bring ALL of your 'costume' tonight as we will be starting a run of the show at 7pm in the Food Factory, QMU, going straight through the entire thing with all costume changes and speeches etc. I will print out and bring running orders for reference.

This should allow us to time the show as well, and I'll tell you all the time we get at the end, so we can see how much time we'll have between shows on Saturday. After this, the production team will discuss with you any changes to costume that are required, and we'll go through some specific pieces after a short break.

FRIDAY
This is tomorrow! We will be in the Debates Chamber, GUU from AT THE LATEST 5pm; a confirmed time will be given tonight. We are hoping to run the show twice on Friday, one run acting as a full dress rehearsal with lighting, costume, sound, band, speeches etc.

Some production teams are having rehearsals for specific numbers at other times on Thursday and Friday too; if you are required for these, they will have already told you by now.

SATURDAY
This is, erm, the day after tomorrow! The call will be 11.30am in the GUU; come straight to the Debates Chamber and you will be allocated a space for the day as a 'backstage' area where you can store clothes and possessions. Once there please get changed and start warming up, and listen out for MDs/choreographers calling for people.

The first performance starts at 2.30pm, and after tonight we should know when it will finish as well. There is an interval scheduled in the performances; all will be clear when you see the running order. We should probably have at least an hour or two before the evening performance at 7.30pm.

After the evening performance, as usual everyone will be required to help with the get-out, although this is fairly small for the revue and just consists of taking some stuff to the stores round the corner. When this is done, we can all head to Esther, Kirsty and Laura's for some post-revue merriment!

As is obvious from the above, you will be in the GUU more or less all day on Saturday, so do make sure you're prepared with supplies (or 'provisions' as Winnie-the-Pooh called them) to last you all that time.

And I think that's me. Well done for all your hard work so far guys, just keep stepping up your game and we'll have a fantastic show. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or just find me or any other committee member at rehearsals. See you tonight!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk