The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tickets, Tickets, Tickets
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 pm 

Hi Society!

This is just a not-so-little email letting you all know where we stand in terms of ticket sales as the show gets scarily close! Our esteemed ticket manager Lorna has asked me to forward you some bits of important information - so 'I' in the following refers mainly to Lorna, not me!

Firstly, well done for all the effort in the last weekend, at last count we have sold about 450 tickets altogether. Unfortunately this is still only about halfway to where we need to be, but we have made amazing progress: we have almost doubled the number of tickets we have sold in only a week - if we can do this again we will break even by opening night.

I know that this is possible and that there must be more ticket orders lurking about out there. It is really important to sell tickets in advance as they will be much more expensive for your friends and family if they buy them on the door. Also think how good it would feel to know that we had broken even by opening night.

I will keep collecting ticket orders until the Tuesday night of show week so that's loads of time to keep pushing sales and get your individual and ticket team scores up. There will be an amazing prize at the after show party for the best individuals and team so it's worth selling tickets just for that. The ticket team scores are as follows:

Charlie Chaplin: 70
Yul Brynner: 70
Elvis Presley: 73
Bob Hoskins: 34
Michael Caine: 87
David Essex: 29
Pablo Picasso: 51

There are still a number of individuals that haven't sold any tickets and several that have sold very few. This is the last chance you have to win it for your team. Captains should help those that are struggling and give them good ideas of how to sell tickets.

I have also listed the ticket teams at the end of this email as loads of people aren't sure what one they're in. Please check if you don't know, and get a bit of team spirit going on! Ask your captains anything you need to know or are worried about (with regards to tickets, obviously. Many of them do not know where babies come from, so don't ask them that.)

Can everyone also check their orders in case I have made any mistakes as I need to know before I go into the theatre. Anyone who still owes money should have it in by Sunday or else their tickets may be reallocated.

I doubt you'll all get this by tonight so we may have it relayed as a little announcement as well. If anyone wants to know exactly how many tickets they have sold or see their orders then ask me (that's Ben now!) tonight and I should be able to tell you. See you at Carmen and the Deathly Hallows in a few hours, and good luck!

Ben Galloway | Cecilian Secretary | secretary@ceciliansociety.co.uk
Lorna Moir | Ticket Manager | tickets@ceciliansociety.co.uk

TICKET TEAMS:
(C) denotes captain

Team CHARLIE CHAPLIN
AMY GLOVER (C)
EMMA FRASER
COLIN FYFE
KENNY STEWART
SUSANNE MCLEAN
JENNIFER HALLIDAY
KATHIE TAYLOR