The Cecilian Society

The University of Glasgow's only Musical Theatre Society, open to all.
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ticket Team Challenge - Round 2!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm 

Hellloooo all!

Not everyone was at the rehearsal last night, so I thought I'd tell you all about the latest ticket challenge.

By Thursday 26th November I want each team to have sold EIGHT tickets (or more...more is good!). This week there will be no prizes. However, there will be something even more awesome. The losing ticket team (or nominated member of the losing ticket team) will perform a forfeit chosen by the winning ticket team.

If people aren't sure of what ticket team they are in, then please check the post on the forum or ask me, or check the sheet at rehearsal.

There are four ways to buy a ticket (there were five, but I don't think that courier pigeon would be that safe. Data protection, missing money etc):

1) Phone - 07984033004 <---See this number? Pimp it like a bitch. You can call me on this at anytime. If I don't answer then leave a message and I'll send you a text to confirm that I got your call. Please leave your name, booking name, and YOUR name if you want the sales added onto your total.

2) Email - tickets@ceciliansociety.co.uk - Send me an email, pimp the email about as above with the details.

3) Online - You can book tickets through http://www.ceciliansociety.co.uk/tickets

4) Face to Face - Yes, we don't just use technology in this society. You can either come up to me at rehearsal and I'll give you a booking form, or arrange to meet me somewhere (oo er) and I can grab money off you (not sounding any better) then.

You have to give me the money before the break in Thursday's rehearsal for your ticket sales to count towards your group’s total. No previous ticket sales count (apart from the order that was given to me on Thursday).

Also, get thinking of forfeits! Ticket team captains - it's up to you to choose the best forfeit suggestion from your team members. If you don't have a forfeit prepared, and you win, then it will be handed to the next team. Forfeits can't include:

Blood
Sex
Bodily harm
Marriages. Nobody is getting married!

I think pretty much everything else is fair game...Bonus points if the winning team has a forfeit that can be classed as an 80s forfeit.

Can't sell a ticket? Here are some handy tips:

1) Buy charity tickets! They're only £7 and by buying one, you will be donating a seat to a member of Indepandance (http://www.independance.co.uk/)

2) Christmas presents. Mums & Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas. Surely they'd want to see you on the stage?!

3) Stand up in your lectures, tutorials etc and tell them about the show

4) Use Facebook - link to the online ticket site, or the email address etc.

5) Beg.

That's all folks. Good luck and I look forward to all your shiny orders this week!

Sarah x